Car, bonus, pension, training
about 2 years ago
With over 200 years of rich heritage, this specialist company has always been associated with trust and honesty. They have worked hard to understand the changing nature of markets and customer needs in line with the ever-changing world around us. They have a reputation for constantly evolving to deliver exactly what the customer wants with visionary performance been one of industry firsts, technical advances and design triumphs.
Today, this is an international business with an excellent world-wide reputation. A trusted brand name. No-one else has a history of making such a wide range of quality, innovative products with a continually changing focus to match requirements.
"Think of any food or ingredients that need to be weighed, and we weigh them!"
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an aspiring Field Service Technician based in the Exeter area to join one of the UK's leading field service operations specialising in IT lead systems and scale service solutions as a Field Service Engineer.
The successful candidate will be trained as a Field Service Engineer to provide service to a prestigious retail customer base throughout the Exeter and wider Devon region. You will be trained to diagnose, maintain, fix, swap or install IT hardware and similar equipment with full product training, documentation and support been provided to the successful candidate.
Previous experience of working in a fast paced, field based position and a technical qualification are preferred, but not essential.
Person specification and responsibilities:
- Enthusiastic with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously to targets
- Customer focused
- To attend customer sites in order to repair or install IT, technical and mechanical equipment
- Have some prior experience of field service engineering in some form of hardware or electro mechanical field
- Have demonstrable experience of maintaining and/or installing IT/software led systems attached to mechanical equipment
- Completing detailed and accurate reports where required
- Based in Exeter/South Devon or surrounds
- Full UK Driving Licence
- £21,381.88/year starting salary rising per quarter to £27,960.72/year after 9-month training plan completed
- Regular pay progression available
- Company car (available for personal use)
- Commission based bonus scheme
- 26 days annual holiday allowance (plus bank holidays)
- 37.5 hours per week, with a 1 week per month on-call rota
- Employer enhanced, contributed company pension scheme up to 11%
- Permanent position in a large group of companies offering long term career development opportunities
This Field Service Technician position presents as an excellent opportunity for an entry-level or experienced professional based in the Exeter/South Devon area who is looking for an opportunity to develop a stimulating and dynamic engineering career within a highly reputable service and manufacturing brand.
If you have some previous electro mechanical service experience as well as been demonstrably IT/software literate and feel ready for a challenge within the automated equipment sector then we would like to hear from you. Please 'apply' now or for more information contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.