Job Title: Technical Customer Support
Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Customer Support person to work across the Midlands for our client. The role will involve managing and supporting the field based Service and Support Technicians to ensure Business objectives and KPI’s are achieved in line with internal and Customer agreements. The role will also be to maintain and develop Customer accounts/relationships.
- Manage all Technicians within the area of responsibility including absence management, discipline, holidays, standby/call out rota, overtime, expense claims and stock control. (Maintain individual records for key areas).
- Monitor individual Technician performance against set business KPI’s and objectives.
- Review, authorise and submit Technician payments (overtime, standby/callout, expenses) to the Service Manager within set/agreed timescales.
- Hold regular one to one meetings with individual Technicians.
- Work along-side each Technician for at least 1 day bi-monthly (Audit).
- Ensure that each Technician uses their IPAD in the correct manner (i.e. submission of reports for Servicemax, etc.).
- Develop an effective working relationship with key internal Departments (Sales, Central Service, Technical, Applications, etc.) and external Customers to ensure any issues are communicated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key personnel with the Major Accounts and ensure the terms of the contract are carried out as stated.
- Liaise daily with the Service Centre to ensure all jobs are covered effectively and become aware of any issues within area of responsibility.
- Ensure all Technicians portray a professional image at all times in relation to their appearance and their company vehicle.
- Carry out site visits to ensure Service Contract obligations are completed correctly.
- Check the condition of Technicians’ vehicles on a regular basis and ensure that stocks are maintained adequately to allow First-Time Fix when possible.
- Arrange any necessary van permits when required.
- Complete 6 monthly inspections and calibration checks on all Technicians’ test equipment and tools in line with BSI requirements.
- Ensure all Technicians are trained in all company products including new and any developments or updates, and regularly check their knowledge/ability then revise each individual training manual.
- Provide (verbal or written) technical advice/support/guidance to Technicians, Sales managers, Central Service and Customers.
- Ensure TSM’s by area are carried out every 6 months without compromising the Service Support at the same time.
- Carry out any required Customer training (battery topping/maintenance, Health & Safety).
- Install, maintain, repair and upgrade systems in the area of responsibility.
- Work closely with Account Managers to ensure any customer issues are dealt with efficiently and promptly.
- Approval of warranty claims and FOC jobs.
- Prepare quotes for Service work/repairs as requested by Customers and/or Central Service.
- Process any Sales orders into the Sales office.
- Monitor, achieve and report on all set Business KPI’s.
- Ensure all Technicians have the correct PPE and are working within Health & Safety guidelines and H & S standards are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure all Technicians’ IPAD software is updated when necessary and appropriate training if necessary.
- Regularly review with Central Service and the Service Manager the Service performance within area of responsibility to resolve any issues, ways to improve Service and increase revenue.
- Collation, completion and checks of paperwork to ensure the correct information is reported in the correct manner and within the appropriate timeframe.
- Complete Service jobs as and when required.
- Actively promote the company products and Service and identify areas of opportunity for the Business.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements
- Experience of working closely with Service Technician and Service operations
- Product knowledge of industrial batteries
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.