£35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Car, bonus, pension, training
over 1 year ago
Job Title: Field Service - PLC Controls Engineer
Salary: £35,000 to £50,000
Location: UK wide. Headoffice in Oxford
A creative and innovative market leader in bringing new technology to warehouse logistics the world over. Working with blue-chip customers all over the world, our client develops customised solutions and are truly at the forefront of industry 4IR.
Employing over 3,000 people across the planet and turning over more than €500m year on year. They believe strongly in uniting technological know-how with a long-established experience in diverse industries to be the key to delivering successful solutions for their prestigious client base.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced PLC / Controls Engineer to join this market leading, multi-national company based at their UK HQ in South Oxfordshire.
This PLC / Controls Engineer job opportunity comes with a basic salary of £48,000/year with clear opportunities for pay and career progression over time should this be of interest to you.
We hope to speak to suitably skilled and career-focused PLC / Controls Engineering professionals as soon as possible to support with the dynamic and sustained growth that the business is currently experiencing.
- Support automation system projects with equipment and application selection, customer management, installation, commissioning, validation and handover in order to deliver to plan and on budget
- Provide second level support to the existing automation systems to ensure availability targets are met
- Identify, develop and implement automation system and program changes to support manufacturing processes, investigations and continuous improvement activities
- Manage, supervise, mentor and coach customers, contractors, technicians and engineers
- Develop standards and procedures for automation systems on sites
- Adhere to current Environment, Health and Safety legislation and policies and procedures to maintain own, team and public safety
- Provide process and machinery safety expertise and lead safety assessments where appropriate
- Bachelors / Masters degree or HNC/HND in IT, Electrical & Electronic, Controls, Automation or Robotics Engineering
- Experience in Automated Materials Handling or similar regulated, controls environment (not essential)
- Siemens PLC controls systems experience
Controls Engineering skills through to IT infrastructure and applications in a selection of the following is desired but not essential as training can be provided regarding the following:
- Control systems (PLC, DCS, SCADA, HMI, Servo, Vision) for off the shelf and bespoke process and production equipment and materials handling systems
- Communication networks and protocols (serial, Profibus, Ethernet)
- Instrumentation (sensors, actuators, PMT)
- Electrical Design (control panel and field wiring)
- P & lD nomenclature and electrical wiring diagrams
- Process and Machinery safety (CE, PUWER, HAZOP, CHAZOP)
- Environmental Monitoring Systems
- Supportive team member as well as independent and self-motivated
- Self-motivated and a proactive approach to problem solving is essential
- Desire to learn and develop
- Capacity to work to deadlines as part of a team and as an individual
- Flexibility of working hours where required
- Able to work at various company and customer sites - situated predominately in the UK (some travel to the ROI, Europe or other worldwide locations may be required occasionally)
- Starting salary of £48,000/year (rising to £50,000 on completion of initial training)
- Up to 6% matched company enhanced pension contribution
- Employee benefits package
- Company mobile phone and laptop
- OT regularly available - not mandatory
- Industry leading training and career development opportunities at home and abroad
This is an exciting job opportunity for an experienced PLC / Controls Engineer professional in the within a commutable distance of the Oxford area to join a market leading automation systems provider with an array of career paths available both at home and abroad.
If you would like more information, please 'apply' now or contact Colin Reeves in confidence on 01384 446121.