Field Service Manager, Public Service and Commercial Vehicles.
East London based with headquarters and workshop in Rainham, Essex.
£45,000, overtime potential, company vehicle
This growing, specialist organisation provides high quality commercial vehicle emission control products to several high-profile London Bus Operators. They are looking to recruit an exceptional Field Service Manager to manage a team of Field Service Engineers to provide an effective and efficient technical support service to their London-based customers for the maintenance and repair of in-service Emissions control systems and supporting equipment.
This is a client and customer facing role, so we are looking for candidates who are credible and confident in front of customers, ensuring them that solutions can be delivered quickly, professionally and in budget. Ideally you will have experience of working with London Bus operators and have knowledge of Cummins Insite diagnostics software. This is a hands-on role and would suit an experienced Service Engineer who is looking to increase their responsibilities.
As Field Service Manager you will
- Ensure each member of the team consistently has the facilities, equipment and capability to complete their required tasks in a safe and professional manner.
- Undertake assigned Field Service Engineer tasks, leading by example to ensure quality workmanship, technical excellence and outstanding customer service.
- Working with the Operations Administrator and Operations Manager, ensure key skillsets and capabilities within the team are clearly identified to allow a focused and effective approach to task assignment.
- Working with the Operations Administrator, ensure all paperwork and reporting is completed correctly and on time, for the entire field service team. This includes but is not limited to SVRs, timesheets, in-van stock audits, fault trend reports and KPIs to be agreed with the Operations Manager.
- Ensure records kept are in line with Company and/or approval body requirements sufficient both for auditing requirements and trend analysis/KPIs
- Report technical findings to the Principal Engineer and nominated technical focal where required to ensure a focused, coordinated approach to product development and quality control.
- Assist in developing and improving any internal systems within the scope of works to ensure the company development and improvement.
- Responsible for the personal development and certification of all Field Service Engineers, identifying training needs where required and liaising with the Operations Manager to progress any necessary actions.
- Ensure the entire field service team follow all relevant legislations, laws and on-site requirements to guarantee each team member operates in a safe, effective and compliant environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a company that is in growth mode, you will have a genuine opportunity to put in place your own ideas and vision on what good looks like. We are ideally looking for candidate who have worked in and around the PSV sector, and have worked on public vehicles.
If you feel this is a role for you, then please apply for further information and review.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.