about 1 month ago
Field Service Engineer - Scientific Instruments - Watford
In support of our UK based Client who develops and manufactures innovative scientific instruments and software designed to optimize the efficiency, safety, and productivity of key processes in chemistry and biology applications, working with businesses and laboratories globally, the Field Service Engineer will be responsible for the installation, commissioning, maintenance and servicing of our client's range of instrumentation and equipment, in the field as well as in-house.
As a Field Service Engineer you will plan, coordinate and implement activities concerned with installing and servicing their range of instruments and equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties. This is achieved by performing the following duties:
- Install new or modified equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications
- Conduct customer user training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrate all key skills to trainees including some data analysis where required
- Perform on-site maintenance, service, upgrade and repair of existing instruments. Provide on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Perform factory-based maintenance, service, upgrade and repair of existing instruments that have been returned to base.
- Respond to customer support enquiries received via HEL helpdesk. Review performance reports and documentation from customers, and inspect malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem
- Maintain records of performance reports. Responsible for managing cases to achieve set KPIs and customer expectations. Maintain CRM customer database of contacts, organizations, instruments and contracts
- Establish & communicate to his/her direct line manager their daily agenda and visit reports
- Liaise with Supply chain team/Production departments to progress requests of stock required for completion of duties
- Analyse inspection findings, to determine the source of the problem, and perform repair, replacement, or other corrective actions
- Assist in the analysis of reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommend modifications to eliminate future problems
- Handle customer problems that appear to arise from the misuse of the product
- Assist in final testing of new products when necessary
- The development and implementation, after approval, of warranty and service policies in cooperation with Service Product Manager
- Adhere, comply to SOP (standard operating procedures) and WI (working instruction)
Minimum Education and Experience
- Graduate with first professional degree in engineering branches such as electromechanical, electrical, mechanical or chemical with 3 to 5 years of experience as a Service Engineer
- Very skilled in Electronics, Informatics and Mechanics with basic chemistry knowledge.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
- Experience in using systems used to support a field-based service transaction
- Expected to be "customer oriented", have good communication skills and ability to collaborate with many different individuals from different cultures.
- Full driving license
You should have excellent communication skills and problem-solving techniques. Working to deadlines is important and being able to work on a flexible basis due to location. Product training would be provided.
If you feel you have the experience and technical awareness and support this role, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.