- Function: Engineering
- Contact: Peter Heap
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 03 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61081
Field Service Engineer - Medical Devices - Permanent - Attractive - London Region
A Field Service Engineer is required to join a company that specialises in the service, repair, and calibration of medical devices and medical equipment to the Manufacturers specifications.
The Field Service Engineer role will report to the Field Service Manager and as well as a regional area of responsibility this role may involve extensive travel to customers and clients.
The Field Service Engineer will be trained to perform servicing and repairs on a range of medical equipment, which may be carried out either in the field or at the workshop if required.
The Field Service Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Assess, service and repair medical equipment in line with customer procedures.
- To ensure that key performance indicators are met for customers.
- Ensure repair turnaround times, and reliability standards are met.
- Complete all service paperwork and documentation to the agreed standard.
- Maintain the work area and test equipment so it a safe, compliant, and tidy.
- Maintain compliance to all company standards and adhere to stated policies and procedures
- Adhere to Health & Safety and Quality Management procedures.
- Proactively seek to improve the process and service delivery provided by the company.
- Any other company activity as agreed and as required.
The Field Service Engineer should have the following Qualifications Skills or Experience:
- Qualified to HNC or equivalent in electrical/electronic engineering.
- Or time-served biomedical or medical device engineer.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- A competent "hands on" service engineer with a "can do" attitude.
- The ability to problem-solve effectively and efficiently.
- Full UK driving license, own transport, and the willingness to travel to all areas of the UK.
- Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative.
- Flexible and self-motivated, with the ability maintain and achieve service targets/deadlines.
- A professional team player who is self-motivated and able to get the job done.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 or ISO13485 quality management systems.
- IT competent (excel word etc) and familiarity with online CRM systems.
- Ability to coach and support other team members as required.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of Field Service Engineering and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Field Service Engineer role, please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446127 or send suitable CV's to
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.