Field Service Engineer – Logistics Automation
Salary: £48,681/year (inc on-call allowance)
UK wide, based in either Birmingham / Oxford / Northampton
A creative and innovative market leader in bringing new technology to warehouse logistics the world over. Working with blue-chip household names, we develop customised warehouse and intralogistics solutions that are truly at the forefront of industry 4IR and have a significant market share in one of the fastest growing areas of industry on the planet.
Employing over 3,000 people and turning over more than €650m year on year. They believe strongly in uniting technological know-how with a long-established experience in diverse industries to be the key to delivering successful solutions for their prestigious client base.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Field Service Engineer to join the high-performing Field Projects team covering the UK.
This Field Service Engineer job opportunity comes with a salary of £48,681/year with clear opportunities for career progression over time should this be of interest to you.
We hope to speak to suitably skilled and career-focused Field Service Engineers as soon as possible to support with the dynamic and sustained growth that the business is currently experiencing.
- Possess an Engineering Level 3 qualification (NVQ / C&G or equivalent)
- Proven experience of dealing with electro-mechanical/PLC/hardware faults and preventative maintenance operations within a Field Service Engineer capacity
- Working against a time frame to complete reactive repairs
- Updating on-site management on repair and maintenance progression
- Ability to interpret and redesign engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of PLCs
- Experience of working with or for a systems integrator (beneficial)
- Comfortable with overnight stays away from home 2-3 nights a week on average
- 1-3 on-call rota once fully trained
- Be a fast learner with a commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Starting salary of £48,681/year (inc shift and on-call allowances)
- Company vehicle
- Company fuel and credit card for expenses incurred
- Up to 6% matched company enhanced pension contribution
- Employee benefits package
- Private Healthcare for employee and family
- Company mobile phone and laptop
- Extensive and continuous training and CPD
- Opportunity for international travel for training and secondment purposes
- Industry leading training and career development opportunities at home and abroad
This is an exciting job opportunity for a Field Service Engineer professional based in in an area local to either Birmingham, Oxford, Luton or Northampton to join a market leading automation systems provider with an array of career paths available both at home and abroad.
If you would like more information, please 'apply' now or contact Colin Reeves in confidence on 01384 446121.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.