This industry leading, global organisation is present all across the world and has an extensive network in the West Midlands. Users in the Birmingham area have access to a wide range of oil-free and oil-injected stationary air compressors alongside first class sales and service support as well as genuine spare parts for compressed air installation needs. This Birmingham based Air Compressor Sales and Service are local, expert and easy.
Due to sustained growth and success a fantastic opportunity has arisen for an aspiring Field Service Engineer based in the Midlands to join a large, industry leading organisation as a Field Service Engineer.
The successful candidate will be trained as a Field Service Engineer to provide service to a prestigious automotive customer base throughout the Midlands region. You will be service, commission and maintain customer equipment with full product training, documentation and support been provided to the successful candidate.
Previous experience of working in a multi-skilled engineering, field-based position and technical qualifications are preferred, but not essential.
- To carry out maintenance of equipment in line with scheduled maintenance timetables.
- To complete service, installation and commissioning reports accurately.
- To establish and maintain customer relationships.
- To create a comprehensive service plan for customers who have scheduled service requirements.
- To maintain a customer database to support the management and administration of service contracts.
- Respond to and follow up customer calls for equipment breakdowns in line with customer service level agreements and business requirements.
- To provide problems solving through the provision of technical advice by telephone and in person.
- To fault find and repair electrical and mechanical problems.
- To assemble, test and maintain high precision hydraulic, mechanical and electrical components.
- To understand and perform basic PLC operating tasks.
- To work with suppliers and customers in developing process improvements.
- To actively promote and participate in service sales activity where appropriate in order to grow the service business in line with business and customer requirements.
Person specification and experience
- Experience of installing and maintaining mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Experience of delivering a high level of customer service.
- Qualification in electrical / mechanical based discipline.
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering experience.
- Experience of working in the automotive industry (desirable).
- Possess a logical approach to determine the root cause of a problem.
- Ability to work accurately with a high attention to detail.
- Good written communication and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to make decisions, use initiative and carry out appropriate actions.
- An interest in career development and training within the workplace.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly competitive starting salary
- Regular pay progression available
- Company vehicle (available for personal use)
- Bonus scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance (rising with tenure)
- Flexible employee healthcare plan
- Employer enhanced, contributed company pension scheme up to 10%
- Permanent position in a large group of companies offering long term career development opportunities
This Field Service Engineer opportunity presents as an excellent opportunity for an experienced and aspiring multi-skilled engineering professional based in then Midlands region who is looking for an opportunity to develop a stimulating and dynamic engineering career within a highly reputable engineering brand name. If you have some previous electro mechanical service experience as well as been demonstrably IT literate and feel ready for a challenge within the automated tooling sector, then we would like to hear from you.
Please 'apply' now or for more information contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.