A global market leading provider of integrated solutions for production in the woodworking industry and woodworking shops are looking to welcome a Service Engineer to their team is and will cover the home Counties.
With a global market share of over 30% and some 6,400 employees, this is a company who specialise in developing wood processing solutions around the world. Manufacturing machines for furniture and component production and timber work across their 14 production locations.
With a presence in over 100 countries and an extensive distribution network, they offer highly innovative solutions, as demonstrated by over 1000 active patents.
Due to ongoing and sustained market growth, an opening for an experienced Field Service Engineer has arisen. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a genuine market leader who takes great pride and goes to great expense to develop its staff.
- Investigation, diagnosis, and rectification of breakdowns on woodworking CNC equipment
- Routine service and calibration of woodworking and CNC equipment
- Provide technical support to customers during service visits and subsequent telephone/email as necessary
- Service & Fault finding of woodworking CNC equipment
- Travelling to customer sites (some overnight stays)
What you will need to succeed:
- Completed modern apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- HNC/HND or equivalent
- Electrical and mechanical fault-finding experience on CNC equipment
- Experience working on or servicing CNC machines (5 axis desired but not essential)
- Experience using any of TwinCAT/Drivetop/Indraworks/Siemens starter/COMBIVIS etc
- Ability to read projection drawings and electrical diagrams
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
In return we can offer the following package:
- £30,000 - £33,500/year salary with pay progression available once advanced training complete
- Overtime (paid after 7.5 hours)
- Company vehicle
- Bonus scheme
- Contributory pension
- Mobile phone, laptop and iPad/tablet provided
- Company endorsed credit card for expenses
- Further employee benefits package
- Best in industry training and career development opportunities both at home and abroad
This role will make up a vital part of the service division where you will be able to help further increase the company's reputation in the Home Counties as well as opening a range of career options for you in the future.
Annual training in Germany would be required and in the first year this could potentially span up to 5 weeks in total.
If you feel as though you fit the above criteria and are ready for the challenge of joining a genuinely innovative market leading global brand covering the Home Counties then we would like to hear from you.
Please 'apply' now or for more information please contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.