£30k per year + OT + bonuses + company benefits
The purpose of the position is to provide onsite routine maintenance and service to customers' mechanical lifting equipment in response to routine and emergency requests. Midlands based - Ideally South Birmingham, Northampton, Coventry and surrounding areas.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maintenance contracts including battery watering and integrity checks to agreed standards and technical specification.
- Installation and repair of batteries and industrial chargers on customer sites to agreed standards and technical specification.
- Brief the customer on the practical use and maintenance of the equipment.
- Recommend the purchase of new or replacement products as appropriate.
- Identify business development opportunities to negotiate the sale of any new or replacement products whilst on customer's site.
- Respond to breakdowns and carry out the necessary fault diagnosis and repair submitting accurate reports via PDA
- Any other reasonable duties as instructed
- Proactive attitude toward Health and Safety demonstrating engagement with safety campaigns and near miss reporting to improve safety and reduce workplace incidents.
- Good technical hands on skills, in a related field.
- Good attention to detail and an orderly approach to completing jobs
- Strong customer service focus
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Knowledge of large-scale batteries and chargers - preferable but not essential.
- Electrical or electronic qualification - C&G, 17th edition, ONC, NVQ etc - preferable but not essential.
£30,000 pa + quarterly bonus + OT
40hrs Mon - Fri
Overtime - x1.5
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.