- Sector: Power
- Function: Field Service & Engineering
- Contact: Adam Woollams
- Contact Email: Adam.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446114
- Expiry Date: 14 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59476
The purpose of the position is to provide onsite routine maintenance and service to customers' mechanical lifting equipment in response to routine and emergency requests. This role will be covering in and around the Kent region.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maintenance contracts including battery watering and integrity checks to agreed standards and technical specification.
- Installation and repair of batteries and industrial chargers on customer sites to agreed standards and technical specification.
- Brief the customer on the practical use and maintenance of the equipment.
- Recommend the purchase of new or replacement products as appropriate.
- Identify business development opportunities to negotiate the sale of any new or replacement products whilst on customer's site.
- Respond to breakdowns and carry out the necessary fault diagnosis and repair submitting accurate reports via PDA
- Any other reasonable duties as instructed
- Proactive attitude toward Health and Safety demonstrating engagement with safety
- Campaigns and near miss reporting to improve safety and reduce workplace incidents.
- Good technical hands on skills, in a related field.
- Good attention to detail and an orderly approach to completing jobs
- Strong customer service focus
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Knowledge of large-scale batteries and chargers - preferable but not essential.
- Electrical or electronic qualification - C&G, 17th edition, ONC, NVQ etc - preferable but not essential.
£30,000 - £32,000 pa + quarterly bonus + OT
40hrs Mon - Fri
Overtime - x1.5
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.