Field Service Engineer - Europe
£Competitive plus benefits
A Field Service Engineer is required to plan and coordinate activities concerned with installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment for clients based in Europe. Candidates with experience of diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this client, a leading developer and manufacturer innovative scientific instruments and software, based in Borehamwood, requires a proactive Project Field Service Engineer to install new or modified equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications. As a Field Service Engineer you will be required to:
- Perform maintenance, service, upgrade and repair of existing instruments
- Providing onsite technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Review performance reports and documentation from customers, and inspect malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem
- Analyse inspection findings, to determine the source of the problem, and perform repair, replacement, or other corrective actions
- Analyse reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommend modifications to eliminate future problems
- Plan and schedule levels of support work according to product release schedules
The Field Service Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering or technological discipline
- Skilled in Electronics, Informatics and Mechanics with basic chemistry knowledge
- Diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment
- Troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns
- Ability to communicate in a European language
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with excellent customer support experience within an electro/mechanical equipment environment to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Borehamwood based company will offer you:
- European Travel
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Field Service Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Field Service Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.