Field Service Engineer
£Competitive plus vehicle
London / Essex / Kent
A Field Service Engineer is required to resolve or perform maintenance functions for vehicle electronic control units. Candidates with experience of auto electrics fault finding and repair would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, an award-winning provider of vehicle intelligence for emergency service fleets requires a proactive Field Service Engineer to efficiently plan and coordinate the service requests in a timely and professional manner to ensure an excellent customer service level. As a Field Service Engineer you will be required to:
- Submit service reports for each service request
- Issue a weekly service plan for the upcoming week trying to maximize service resources
- Confirm the warranty status of the service request and the root cause of the fault and issue service cost to our finance department or service department for them to invoice to the customer (If appropriate)
- Conform to all compliance and procedures, RMA, Installation and Commissioning Procedures and Sign Off with Customer
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on all service requests internally as part of a continuous improvement process to improve on new products and prevent reoccurrence of the fault, where applicable
- Ensure the customer signs off on the service request and are completely satisfied with the service provided
The Field Service Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- HNC, HND, NVQ or equivalent in Automobile Technology or Auto Electrics
- Strong technical acumen with an analytical mindset
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Show strong organisational and planning ability
- Good phone skills to describe and document a technical service request
- Ability to show initiative and understand the value of a first-class customer service delivery
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to remain professional with customers always
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with ECU / auto electrics experience to develop your career. In return for your experience, this fleet management software supplier will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Field Service Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Field Service Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.