Position - Field Service Engineer
Location - Midlands Region
Salary - Depending on technical experience will range from £24,000 - £30,000 + company vehicle/car allowance, holiday, pension and healthcare.
We have an exciting Field Service Engineer vacancy within the Midlands area. We are seeking an enthusiastic and determined individual who is keen to develop their career with a global leader of laser machinery/technology.
The Field Service Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Installation and repair of machinery.
- Preventative Maintenance checks of machines.
- Liaise with spares department for ordering and delivery of required spare parts.
- Generate detailed service reports for customer and internal logging.
Key skills & experience required for the Field Service Engineer:
- Service experience from one of the following: CNC/Laser machinery, hi-tech automated equipment, wrapping/bagging machinery, laser/vision machinery, packaging equipment, robotics or strong service experience from the sheet metal sector.
- ideally have an electrical / electronics qualification (minimum HNC) or to have completed an apprenticeship in electromechanical engineering
- Computer literate with knowledge of networking as an advantage
- Experienced in bus systems e.g. ASI, Profibus, ProfiNet & CAN would be an advantage
- Experienced in servo drives - Bosch and Siemens
- Capable of working to close mechanical tolerances
- Capable of working under pressure
- As a Field Service Engineer you should be prepared to spend nights away from home (average 3 - 4 nights away per week).
- The holder of a full clean UK driving license
To apply for the Field Service Engineer vacancy please email an up to date CV o Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.