Leeds, West Yorkshire
£24000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + car, career progression, training
almost 2 years ago
We are recruiting for the world's largest manufacturer of tyres and associated rubber products. With 9 tyre manufacturing plants in Europe alone and responsible for fitting 1 in 5 vehicles across the world.
Together, we are committed to 'serving society with superior quality' tyre products and are a major supplier of original equipment to all major car manufacturers including Volkswagen, Ford, BMW, Mercedes Toyota and many more covering such sectors as sport, touring, winter and 4x4 driving that provide enhanced performance without sacrificing ride comfort.
An opportunity has arisen for an aspiring Field Engineer to join the northern Europe team covering Leeds and the North of England. The purpose of this opportunity will be to take responsibility for the day-to-day management and control of field-based tyre technical issues within a region.
Working as part of a small technical team managing own workload with a responsibility for product quality and performance while delivering a first-class field service customer experience to a diverse and prestigious customer base.
- To work independently and have a positive work ethic, as a front-line representative of the company.
- Cover across a designated area, undertaking all the key Field Engineering roles.
- To support your colleagues in other regions throughout the organisation.
- Organising the assessment of warranty tyres in the field, timely and when necessary.
- Perform field visits to service customer products, whilst maintaining good customer relations with dealers and end users.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Prioritise and manage the workload within your designated region, including product quality evaluation and product monitoring.
- To visit selected users and monitor, analyse and report performance characteristics.
- Coordinate your activities with your colleagues for all product groups.
- To deliver bespoke technical training to both internal and external customers.
- To take ownership of special projects.
- Mechanical engineering experience ideally in a field based or customer facing capacity (Engineering, Quality & Technical)
- ONC/HNC/HND or Degree in Vehicle or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Key Personal Attributes:
- Team player, flexible approach to work.
- Good IT and administrative skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organise workloads.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with end users, fleets & dealers.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Valid driving licence.
- Based in the Leeds or surrounding area and willing to cover the North of the country
- Capacity to be flexible on hours worked and occasionally work away from home for short periods of time on a monthly basis.
- Above all, the ATTITUDE, ENTHUSIASM and KEENNESS to succeed and learn, coupled with a passion for excellence.
Salary package and benefits:
- Starting salary £24,000 - £30,000/year (depending on experience - rising over service)
- Company car (for work and personal use)
- Pension (company match up to 7.5%)
- 25 days holiday (plus statutory Bank Holidays - rising over service)
- Mobile phone (for work and personal use)
- Laptop / IPad
- Autonomous / Flexible working capacity
- Structured training plan during first two years in service
- Monthly training secondments at companies HQ
- Opportunity to travel throughout Europe where special projects allow
- Career development potential towards Lead, Head Field Engineer or Subject Matter Expert pathways
- Opportunities for International secondments throughout Europe and beyond
- Further career development opportunities both at home and abroad
This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring field engineer based in or close to Leeds looking for a career with a global market leader who take development of their staff seriously offering training and development, secondments and promotion paths across the globe.
If this opportunity is of interest to you then please 'apply' now or for more information, contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.