Feild Application Engineer - Power Electronics
Maidenhead - UK
You must be eligible to work in the UK at the point of application
Our Client is a supplier of high-performance electronic components used in high-voltage power-conversion systems. Our integrated circuits and diodes enable compact, energy-efficient AC-DC power supplies for a vast range of electronic products including mobile devices, TVs, PCs, appliances, smart utility meters and LED lights. Our SCALE™ IGBT drivers enhance the efficiency, reliability and cost of high-power applications such as industrial motor drives, solar and wind energy systems, electric vehicles and high-voltage DC transmission.
As Application Engineer you will be responsibility for design and technical support for customers in the Northern European region and more specific the United Kingdom, Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden.
Reporting to the Field Sales Manager for the region and based in Maidenhead, UK.
- Provide application and design support to customers:
- Paper/schematic theoretical designs
- building and testing SMPS
- design and build sample transformers
- Provide the highest quality laboratory, telephone and on-site customer support to maintain our leading edge in the market place
- Debug customers design, recommending changes for improvement
- Conduct periodical technical training to customers/distributors/workshops
- Support Sales Team technically in the region to increase number of Design Wins and revenue
- Travelling approximately 20% to 30% of the time (average)
- based in Maidenhead, UK
- BSc in Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years in designing High Voltage Switch Mode Power Supply
- Experience in high frequency transformer design
- Good theoretical background of power electronics combined with practical knowledge of switched mode power supplies
- Interpersonal skills and keen commercial awareness
- Valid Driving License for the UK
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.