A Simulation Engineer is required for a company that specialise in beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) inspection and maintenance using UAVs. Their customers are from a number of sectors including oil & gas, energy, defence and rail.
The role will be working to develop simulation tools for testing and validating Flight Control Systems for their UAV platform.
As a Simulation Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Developing a toolset on LabVIEW for simulating a number of factors including Geofencing, Flight Path, Hardware in the loop, Sensors, Failures and Aircraft Dynamics.
- Optimising the simulators performance and resource allocation.
- Developing API in LabVIEW for simulating results from the ground station.
The Simulation Engineer should have the following:
- MSc or MEng qualification in a relevant subject (Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering etc).
- Experienced in programming using LabVIEW, included OOP and RTOS programming.
- Software development experience.
- Professional experience in sensors and aircraft dynamics modelling.
- Some knowledge of rotary or fixed wing UAV platforms for commercial purposes.
This is an excellent opportunity for a software developer or programmer to develop your career and work in a growing high-tech sector.
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Simulation Engineer please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.