An experienced Fastener Engineer is required to join a cross functional team of specialists developing and implementing XCL and cross commodity fixing strategies. The role involves leading technical investigations into fastener technologies, process developments, selection of parts for vehicles, initiate and manage fastener innovation ideas, working with supply base to introduce new fastener technologies and a rationalised product set at a reduced cost.
The Fastener Engineer will report directly into the Fastener Engineering & TVM Group Leader working on Projects across all Vehicles and all Product Engineering commodities.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experience working within the Fastener arena with substantial knowledge of fastening products, surface finishing and assembly techniques
- Strong problem definition, analysis and solution skills in cross functional / system engineering environments with multiple stakeholders
- Experience juggling long term strategic engineering decisions with short term tactical projects
- Have experience working within the Fastener arena in automotive or aerospace industry with a strong focus on cost and complexity reduction.
- In depth knowledge of fastening products, surface finishing and assembly techniques and the integration of these solutions in a cross functional and dynamic environment.
- Strong product and process knowledge.
- Have the ability to analyse problems / generate solutions and achieve results, making effective use of all resources available within the company and supplier base.
- Self-motivated and able to work to a high standard across many different functional areas with minimal supervision, with a proven ability to work within strict timing constraints.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic, with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
Educated to Degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.