Precision, fast paced manufacturing and assembly
Up to £55,000, excellent relocation package, share options, company pension, bonus, flexible working options.
This organisation is part of a FTSE 100 business. They are a specialist manufacturer of niche pumps and fluid path technologies which are used in the pharmaceutical, FMCG and environmental industries. They have a superb reputation in the market place and are market leader in several of their core sectors.
Do to internal growth and success, they are seeking to recruit an exceptional Factory Manager who will take ownership of the production team within the business and drive forward change both in operational and people development.
Keys points for the Factory Manager:
- Deploy manufacturing strategy to lead, enhance and develop all aspects of the assembly & Machine shop, to ensure that all products are supplied efficiently, on time, in full and to the highest quality specification possible.
- Create team and facilities that will exceed customer expectations.
- Responsibility for the management, organisation and development of the pumps production team, including recruitment, training and department structure. Develop and support the newly created roles of team leaders.
- Champion Global Excellence in Manufacturing (GEM / Lean) and EHS throughout the pumps assembly area
- Propose and implement CAPEX and OPEX improvements in line with budgets.
- Lead the handover of New Product Development into live production
Main responsibilities for the Factory Manager are:
- Line management responsibilities for the Pumps production team for 60+ staff in a factory shipping to 70 countries daily with a short lead-time.
- Develop and manage early careers
- Manage & improve labour efficiency and material yield
- Build proactive capability and cross skill staff to support future growth and new product introduction
- Support and manage the transfer of New product developments into live production
We are keen to talk to Factory or Production Managers who have strong experience of managing teams, setting strong goals and who have driven change through a plant. We are open to sectors, but it will suit candidates that have experience of fast paced assembly and manufacturing environments
- Minimum of HNC / HND in Engineering, Business Studies or alternative subject.
- Lean manufacturing experience, ideally Green Belt, or above.
- Working within NEBOSH or IoSH environment
- Extensive experience of 5 years of people management in a manufacturing environment
- Previous track record of implementing strategy, managing change.
- Experienced in managing large teams 40-60 people
- Experience of using ERP systems within a manufacturing environment, with experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX an advantage
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to effectively use computer and communication technology such as Microsoft Office.
The role offers a relocation package for the right candidate and will provide excellent career progression not only in the organisation but potentially in the wider group.
If you are interested in the above role, please apply.