Title: Layout Development Engineer
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Layout Development Engineer to assist in the planning of new models.
- Develop factory layout plans in AutoCAD to suit the future model programme deployment in our global manufacturing footprint.
- Create concept and detailed layouts in MS Power Point and AutoCAD to deliver the required level of feasibility and impact dependant on project timing and maturity.
- Create and manage a revision register for layouts under development within the department.
- Create and manage formal communication of layouts ready for handover.
- Liaise with interfacing departments and stakeholders to ensure all layout requirements are understood and visible.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Expert user of AutoCAD for factory planning and layouts
- Experience of working within a target driven environment
- Project Management of facility installation and commission within the manufacturing industry
- Experience of delivering both operational and strategic transactional and Facilities Management solutions across an array of engineering sites, buildings and customer types.
- Experience within the Facilities development across a variety of industries and geographies.
- Contract and performance management experience.
- Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure.
- Time served user of AutoCAD and factory layout planning within a manufacturing environment.
- An individual who is results driven with the ability to deliver operational plans in a highly demanding environment
- An individual with the ability to prioritise their workload.
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas.
- An effective team player who supports team members.
- User of MS Office suite.
A sound engineering and manufacturing background with previous experience in manufacturing facilities development.
Proven experience and understanding of facilities, processes, equipment and new technologies.
To apply to this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.