about 2 years ago
Safety Engineer - Vehicle Test Equipment
Contract role - long term
A Safety Engineer is required to support the Engineering team specifically on vehicle test equipment. A background in machine safety systems and test facility engineering would be well received.
Due to increased workloads, this company, an automotive OEM based in Cranfield, require a Safety Engineer. As the Safety Engineer you will be required to:
- Conduct PUWER assessments whilst demonstrating a good understanding of machinery safety.
- Ensure environmental compliance and management systems - ISO 14001 & ISO 9001 administration, application and accreditation.
- Conduct risk assessments for maintenance and engineering tasks.
- Assist with preparing maintenance procedures and facility specifications.
- Conduct fire risk assessments and building safety engineering.
- Assist with energy efficiency studies and reporting.
The Safety Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Electrical controls engineering knowledge particularly machinery safety systems - (guarding, PILZ relays, fortress systems etc)
- Hydraulic and pneumatic actuation systems experience.
- Fire detection and suppression systems knowledge.
- A good understanding of safe systems of work - permit processes.
- A background working in an automotive R&D environment would be ideal.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a Safety Engineering advisory background to develop your career.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Safety Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Facility Safety Engineer role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.