- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: Jade Whitmore
- Contact Email: Jade.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 00000
- Expiry Date: 11 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60290
Role: Facility Supply Professional
Location: Can be based at either Peterborough, Desford or Peterlee
Working: Flexible working arrangements will be considered for the role, in line with needs of business.
Duration: Minimum 2 year contract
Pay: £26.50 per hour Umbrella- Inside IR35
We are currently recruiting a Facility Supply Professional to work for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
You will be working within a small team with approx 90 mil spend. The role will initially be remote and in the future will look at a hybrid working pattern.
You will be part of our clients Drivetrain team. The Drivetrain team are responsible for 40 suppliers across the EAME region, Circa $90m spend and are accountable for the QCLDM performance of the supply base as well as the strategy for the region in support of the global castings strategy
In this role you will be empowered to recognise the potential for business improvements for processes and within QCLDM. It is a key role within the team working with the category buyers and Supplier Development Engineers as well as liasing with the Procurement Service Centre
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Accountable for operating and monitoring the Global Supply Network procurement functions, as designed, to meet the defined response time, cost, quality and lean targets enabling optimal and efficient facility operations, collaborating with business partners and suppliers, and resolving facility specific supplier issues. Act as liaison with Category team and Procurement Service Centre in Poland
- Reporting directly to the EAME Category manager and will be accountable for implementing the network as designed related to specific strategies from within the Castings Category.
- Customers – The supply base we manage delivers products into 20+ facilities around the globe and the supporting QCL performance is a key part of our success to our customers
- Capital Tooling Management – Acting as the single point of contact for all supplier tooling related activities, including maintaining an accurate record of capital spend and forecast expenditure, presenting to the capital review meeting showing progress to target, developing process maps and liaising with capital co-ordinators both locally and within other Caterpillar legal entities.
- Data Analytics - This is becoming an area with some big ambitions to improve the way business is conducted, providing greater visibility and reporting capability for key metrics both internally and externally. This role will be responsible for embedding the use of Microsoft Power BI and Tableau dashboards to support and drive focus areas for performance improvement.
- Purchase Order Management – Provide expertise in the launching & management of purchase orders for a facility to in the terms of parts related to pilots, production, and supplier tooling ensuring terms are correct.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills & experience:
- Relevant experience of working within a supply chain / purchasing environment
- An undergraduate degree from a college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Confidence in creating reports, databases and presentations within MS Excel, MS Access and MS PowerPoint
- High levels of numeracy and strong data analytical skills, including the ability to analyse and make recommendations based on facts
- Expert communicator; proficient in building collaborative and trusted partnerships to work across an internal matrix organization and external Supplier network.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management preferred, e.g.; CIPS
- Demonstrated experience of working in a supply chain / purchasing function within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Quality, Lean manufacturing, an understanding of lean principles
- Data manipulation
- Data visualisation & analysis - Tableau, PowerBi
Demand for this role will be undoubtedly high therefore if you would like to process a full application please contact Jade Whitmore on 01384 446133 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.