£55k - 65k per year + 8% bonus, £4888 car allowance, pension Days, 37.5 per week
2 months ago
Role: Facilities / Technical Manager (Hard Services)
Salary: £55’000 - £65’000
Days: 37.5 hours per week
Location: The business is accessible from Birmingham / Worcester / Stafford
Benefits include: 8% bonus, £4’888 Car Allowance
The Facilities / Technical Manager will be from an Automotive business and be responsible for the day to day operations and financial management of all “Hard Service” requirements across the estate including responsibility for all mechanical and electrical maintenance contracts. To lead a team that includes, a team of Engineering and Administrational staff, you will ensure that the team remains highly motivated, clients receive the best service, whilst contracts maintain their commercial performance.
You will also be responsible for improving, implementing and new technical processes and procedures and will lead Health and Safety standards in line with our HSQE support functions.
The manager should be aware of the AP (Authorised Person), SAP (Senior Authorised Person), and AE (Authorising Engineer) roles to enable us to be self-sufficient for the clients facility and be capable of signing off on “Competent Persons” assessments of the team to ensure training of staff.
The Facilities / Technical Manager will also be responsible for developing, maintaining, and influencing client relationships to help promote collaboration on the contract. When applicable you will advise the client on relevant technology or services to help improve their building resilience and energy efficiency.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all work performed maintenance department supervision is carried out in a safe manner and to comply at all times with relevant Health & Safety regulations. This includes the supervision of subcontractors and their service engineers.
- To manage and improve the current Planned Maintenance System’s and further develop this into our OS (Operating System) that incorporates preventative maintenance schedules for infrastructure assets & Reactive Cases.
- To ensure all necessary Service Contracts are in place to guarantee the plant and equipment is properly maintained and serviced to manufacturers recommendations and in line with Legal Compliance or ACOP’s
- To participate in the design of contingency procedures for asset breakdowns.
- To assist in the allocation and measurement of approved KPIs and to trend departmental performance.
- To identify opportunities for implementing improvements to working processes and assets. Undertake or assist with their implementation
- Select, train, supervise, and support all members of the Maintenance Team, encouraging team working.
- To provide a shift rota that provides the production environment with the required skill profile at all times.
- Ensure that maintenance operations are undertaken in a safe manner ensuring that:-
- All necessary risk assessments and method statements are available.
- All necessary current best practice data are available and used.
- Staff are thoroughly trained in all safety aspects relating to their job.
- To apply company working practices where stipulated and, where necessary, develop, or assist in the development of new practices.
- To understand customer quality needs and to comply with the various audit processes to ensure that both customers and our expectations are met.
- To interface with multiple subcontractors and customer senior management interfaces on a regular basis.
- In addition to the duties listed above the Maintenance Manager is required to perform other duties as reasonably requested by the Contract/Facility Manager.
- To develop and support an “out of hours” reactive maintenance function working with the site based technical team &/or Sub-contractors for all aspects of critical plant and equipment
- To take site/contract responsibility for when the Facility/Site Manager is off site
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.