Facilities Maintenance Technician
3 Shift rotation
Jonathan Lee Recruitment are please to offer a new opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to work with our client a major 3PL based in Milton Keynes. The position is based upon a 3 shift rotating system with some weekend working required.
The purpose of the position is to support the maintenance team in a busy RDC in mechanical and building fabric maintenance from a facilities perspective. Duties will include but are not limited to: Working to pre set preventative maintenance plans checking site assets and systems. Responding to day to day breakdowns and building fabric issues.
Delivering electrical and mechanical maintenance, repair and servicing. Carry out repairs and upgrade of site utilities including warehouse, office space, canteens, site gym and all utilities such as toilets, bathrooms and shower rooms. To undertake building decoration such as painting etc. To fault find and repair on mechanical equipment such as lifts and conveyor systems. To carry out building infrastructure repair and modification e.g plumbing and other similar activities. To work to site health and safety standards at all times.
The ideal candidate:
- Qualified electrically to 17th Edition regs ideally with Inspection and Testing.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Prior experience of maintenance in either a facilities, industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Good communication skills.
- A self starter able to work on own initiative.
- Although our preferred candidate would be electrically qualified we will consider applicants that are bias to mechanical or building fabric based maintenance
Immediate starts Available
In return you will receive an excellent working environment and an employer willing to invest significant training into you over time. You will also be eligible for the company contributory pension scheme and other benefits such as life insurance cover. For more information please your CV & apply today!