An excellent opportunity has been created for an aspiring facilities / maintenance engineer with proven experience of dealing with electro mechanical faults to join a market leading supplier of automated warehousing systems at a flagship distribution centre in Corby, Northants.
Our client have a significant and growing presence across 4 continents and are held in good regard by their staff as a company that can offer unparalleled training and career development opportunities.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will be eager though safety conscious with a track record of diagnosing problems and taking them through to successful completion. You will be a fast learner with a logical approach to your work and have aspirations for your own career development.
Overview of the Role:
You will possess proven experience of dealing with electro mechanical faults and preventative maintenance operations within a warehouse environment. The role will also include support elements including data research and knowledge base creation to support the operation.
This opportunity requires a wide range of skills including but not limited to the following,
- Preventative maintenance of electro mechanical handling equipment including - Automation Equipment & Conveyors (On-site training will be provided)
- Ability to interpret electrical circuit diagrams and work with 415V motor controls.
- Carry out risk assessments
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation
- Appreciation of control systems
- Must be safety conscious, with a track record of owning problems and taking them through to successful completion
- Preventative maintenance and minor fault rectification on all facilities on site
- Flexible to cover the Maintenance Team's holidays or sickness
- Routine maintenance and inspections
- Must have a recognised Electrical Qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3)
- 17th Edition wiring regulations (preferred)
- Experience of working on conveyors, sorters, carton erectors etc
- Be able to work at height
In return you can expect the following:
- A diverse array of career progression options both at home and abroad
- An opportunity to be at the forefront of new projects on behalf of well known brands
- Starting salary of £25,500 including shift allowance
- Over time available
- Work in a cutting edge and clean automated warehouse environment
- Top quality training opportunities throughout your career
- Standard working hours of days (08:00 - 16:00 Monday to Friday) two-thirds of the year with occasional cover on shift for engineer absences and holidays.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified aspiring electro mechanical engineer who is looking to increase their experience base and develop their career within a leading automation warehouse brand. As a shift Facilities Maintenance technician, you can work across a variety of sectors, with a variety of different teams and people.
If you are interested or would like to discuss further, please press 'apply' or contact Colin Reeves in confidence on 01384 446121.