A Facilities and Layout CAD Designer is required to join an automotive OEM based in Whitley.
Working within the Global Facilities Engineering function of Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering, the Layout & Systems Integration are responsible for supporting the Manufacturing Engineering teams in the development of all facility and equipment projects and modifications associated with Propulsion Systems (Battery, Electric Drive Unit and Combustion Engine) facilities and engineering updates worldwide.
Particular emphasis will be placed on the following responsibilities:
- Undertake engineering CAD desktop studies and site investigations for prospective projects
- Utilising in-house or external specialists where appropriate to enable the evaluation of alternative economic solutions and support project justification.
- Working within a cross-functional team to provide an Engineering design and layout that delivers the brief of the project.
- Perform the role of Principal Designer on behalf of the Layout & Systems Integration function ensuring that all duties are discharged on behalf of the project team.
- Coordinating the relevant design parties and disciplines within the project team, to ensure that the facility and building services are installed in a safe and coordinated manner that is fault and clash free.
- Produce and develop 3D coordinated models using BIM Authoring tools such as Revit MEP and producing schematic and detailed 2D AutoCAD drawing for the purposes of setting out during installations.
- Liaison with other engineers and technicians is essential so you must have good communication skills.
- Creating concept & feasibility layouts for new manufacturing processes or facilities that utilise space effectively and have a clear structure for material, people and production flow and support lean manufacturing targets.
- Lead the development of the master layout or zone from concept design through to detailed planning or gateway approval, communicating clearly the requirements of the process / facility effectively to internal process teams, consultant engineer and architect.
- Assist in BIM coordination meetings and undertake activities such as "live" walkthroughs, clash detection, problem solving, co-ordination or spatial issues and occasional site surveys.
- Model coordination and interrogation ensuring the coordination of the federated model and maintain the master model to enable clash detection, timeline analysis and visualization processes.
- Provide coordination of the incoming & outgoing data models & documents via 4 Projects to ensure that all changes are identified and that the accuracy of drawings/models held on file are updated & maintained
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Revit and/or 3D AutoCAD/Inventor and/or 2D CAD skills.
- Proven experience in the delivery of large facility or project installations from the development of concept models through to commissioning and handover.
- Ability to lead, and to work as part of a team is essential, as is the ability to achieve results by meeting deliverables / commitments
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.