Facilities Engineer (Emission Measurement)
Salary Range: £30,000 - £40,000 (depending on experience)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, bonus, contributory pension scheme and contributory share scheme.
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not available with this role
A Facilities Engineer opportunity had become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
This role will support emissions measurement services in a dedicated state of the art Europe Research & Development facility in Peterborough, UK.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Supervisor, this vacancy is an engineering position which will contribute to the successful implementation and maintenance of engine emissions measurement equipment.
The day to day work will involve co-ordination and execution of projects within the team and support developing measurement techniques for future engine emissions legislation. This role will primarily focus becoming a key member of the facility wide certification testing group as well as conducting investigatory work to further improvement measurement accuracy and reliability.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Applicants will ideally hold an Engineering / Technical Degree or be qualified through relevant work experience.
- Good PC Skills are essential, able to use Excel to intermediate standard or higher.
- Theoretical knowledge or experience of emissions measurement techniques and an understanding of test cell operations.
- Team working skills to assist senior engineers in technical investigations and processes.
- Will possess excellent attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks with the capacity for continuous learning.
- Experience of working in an engine test cell environment.
- Will possess good communication and statistical analytical skills, with ability to provide concise insights, conclusions and recommendations drawn from complex technical data.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.