Facilities Engineer (Emission Measurement)
Salary Range: £30,000 - £40,000 (depending on experience)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, bonus, childcare vouchers, contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme
**Flexible Working will be considered**
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure and, in partnership with our network of Cat® dealers worldwide, has helped drive positive and sustainable change on every continent. We are a global company, with hundreds of locations worldwide to serve and support our customer base and respond quickly to their needs.
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world. A strategic partner of the Industrial Power Systems Division of Caterpillar, Global Engine Development is responsible for the execution of engine development programs.
About the Role:
This role will support the Emissions Measurement Services in our dedicated state of the art Europe Research & Development Centre at the Caterpillar Business Park, Peterborough.
This role will support the Emissions Measurement Services in our dedicated state of the art Europe Research & Development Centre at the Caterpillar Business Park, Peterborough, UK. Reporting directly to the Engineering Supervisor, this vacancy is an engineering position which will contribute to the successful implementation and maintenance of engine emissions measurement equipment.
The day to day work will involve co-ordination and execution of projects within the team and support developing measurement techniques for future engine emissions legislation. This role will primarily focus becoming a key member of the facility wide certification testing group as well as conducting investigatory work to further improvement measurement accuracy and reliability.
Key Responsibilities include:
- You will take a practical, hands-on responsibility for evaluating and deploying measurement equipment.
- You will operate measurement equipment and conduct diagnostic investigations.
- You will conduct equipment evaluation and collation/distribution of your findings.
- You will conduct complex fault finding working alongside the local technician group.
- You will design modifications to facility plant/test rigs and equipment.
- You will be responsible for evaluating new products and processes in the emissions measurement field.
Skills, experience and qualifications you will have:
- Team working skills to assist senior engineers in technical investigations and processes.
- Will possess excellent attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks with the capacity for continuous learning.
- Experience of working in an engine test cell environment.
- Will possess good communication and statistical analytical skills, with ability to provide concise insights, conclusions and recommendations drawn from complex technical data.
- Applicants will ideally hold an Engineering / Technical Degree or be qualified through relevant work experience.
- Good PC Skills are essential, able to use Excel to intermediate standard or higher.
Skills, experience and qualifications you may have:
- Theoretical knowledge or experience of emissions measurement techniques and an understanding of test cell operations.
If you are interested in this position, please apply now. For more information on this Facilities Engineer role for Emissions, please contact Lois Weston on 01384446119.
Please note, visa sponsorship is NOT offered on this role.