£27.83 - 27.83 per hour
Title: Facilities Development and Construction Engineer - 36900
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Solihull
Rate - £27.83 LTD rate (which equals £21.39 ph PAYE rate)
Responsible for supporting the development of the machinery strategy and specification and its dissemination across all technologies within manufacturing, via the technology forums.
- Demonstrable experience in mechanical design, installation and commissioning of mechanical systems.
- Sound commercial acumen and cost awareness with the ability to add value and minimise cost.
- The ability to plan ahead, organise workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Relevant previous experience of maintaining and installing Production automation equipment.
- Experience of managing multi-skilled teams in multi-shift operations in both a Manufacturing/Maintenance as well as contractors/contract labour in a construction environment.
- Experience in managing external service providers.
- Proven experience of vehicle build and delivery processes and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of Engineering/Manufacturing Processes, Tools and Techniques.
- Demonstrable and experience in the application of a logical approach to Problem Solving.
- Working knowledge and experience of delivering safety metrics and the understanding safety systems applicable to plant & equipment.
- Proven ability to work within tight deadlines & be able to manage and prioritise multiple activities simultaneously.
- Experience and working knowledge of Health and Safety and ergonomics including risk assessments.
- Ability to make short presentations to work groups and senior management.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Legislative and Industry Standards in Automotive
- Microsoft package elements Power Point and Excel
- Thorough Understanding and Application of Lean Tools and Techniques
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Proven Project Management Experience
- Experience of working in partnership with a Trade Union
- Mechanical design skills in CAD (AutoCAD and inventor) with ability to detail out for manufacture.
- Familiar with library systems for storing data.
- Automotive experience Application of design risk assessment and working knowledge of relevant regulations.
- Have followed a mechanical curriculum through to degree or certificate with 5-years` experience post certification.
- Be a hands on engineer who can demonstrate physical experience in installation and commissioning experience.
- An individual who recognises the importance of humility and strives for a single status amongst the production team.
- An individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- An individual with the ability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with longer term planning
- An individual who is resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs
- An individual who is able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- A good communicator who can communicate complex ideas
- An effective team player, actively leads, develops and supports team members
- High levels of personal resilience, integrity and honesty as well as large amounts of humility for the team.
- An individual who enables speed in decision making through establishing alignment, clarity, appropriate resources and sense of urgency whilst bringing others along
- Experience in CE marking of Design and Product
- Experience in structural design, calculations and installation
- Experience in controls.
- Experience of acting as the Principal Contractor and a full understanding of the responsibilities under this role.
- Experience in working for or with a Line Builder to deliver complete automated lines
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management Systems
Relevant Degree or equivalent experience preferred in a Mechanical discipline
The candidate will need to have a degree of flexibility to be able to operate across all locations, which on some occasions may result in significant time (several weeks) overseas or away from home. An individual who is not fazed by an ever-changing environment with daily challenges and unpredictable daily hours, prepared to work weekends and the hours necessary to support operations.
This is not a 9-5 job.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.