- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Duration: contract
- Start Date: asap
- Expiry Date: 20 July 2022
- Job Ref: 59815
Title: Facilities Development and Construction Engineer - 36900
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Solihull
Rate: up to £27.83 LTD umbrella rate
Responsible for supporting the development of the machinery strategy and specification and its dissemination across all technologies within manufacturing, via the technology forums.
- Demonstrable experience in mechanical design, installation and commissioning of mechanical systems.
- Sound commercial acumen and cost awareness with the ability to add value and minimise cost.
- The ability to plan ahead, organise workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Relevant previous experience of maintaining and installing Production automation equipment.
- Experience of managing multi-skilled teams in multi-shift operations in both a Manufacturing/Maintenance as well as contractors/contract labour in a construction environment.
- Experience in managing external service providers.
- Proven experience of vehicle build and delivery processes and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of Engineering/Manufacturing Processes, Tools and Techniques.
- Demonstrable and experience in the application of a logical approach to Problem Solving.
- Working knowledge and experience of delivering safety metrics and the understanding safety systems applicable to plant & equipment.
- Proven ability to work within tight deadlines & be able to manage and prioritise multiple activities simultaneously.
- Experience and working knowledge of Health and Safety and ergonomics including risk assessments.
- Ability to make short presentations to work groups and senior management.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Legislative and Industry Standards in Automotive
- Microsoft package elements Power Point and Excel
- Thorough Understanding and Application of Lean Tools and Techniques
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Proven Project Management Experience
- Experience of working in partnership with a Trade Union
- Mechanical design skills in CAD (AutoCAD and inventor) with ability to detail out for manufacture.
- Familiar with library systems for storing data.
- Automotive experience Application of design risk assessment and working knowledge of relevant regulations.
- Have followed a mechanical curriculum through to degree or certificate with 5-years` experience post certification.
- Be a hands on engineer who can demonstrate physical experience in installation and commissioning experience.
- An individual who recognises the importance of humility and strives for a single status amongst the production team.
- An individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- An individual with the ability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with longer term planning
- An individual who is resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs
- An individual who is able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- A good communicator who can communicate complex ideas
- An effective team player, actively leads, develops and supports team members
- High levels of personal resilience, integrity and honesty as well as large amounts of humility for the team.
- An individual who enables speed in decision making through establishing alignment, clarity, appropriate resources and sense of urgency whilst bringing others along
- Experience in CE marking of Design and Product
- Experience in structural design, calculations and installation
- Experience in controls.
- Experience of acting as the Principal Contractor and a full understanding of the responsibilities under this role.
- Experience in working for or with a Line Builder to deliver complete automated lines
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management Systems
Relevant Degree or equivalent experience preferred in a Mechanical discipline
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.