Facilities Coordinator - Melksham
We have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Coordinator for a world leading Systems supplier for the design, development and manufacture of Sub- systems to the rail industry for Platform Screen Door and Braking systems at their facility in Melksham Wiltshire within the Operations Department.
The Facilities Coordinator will be accountable for the professional supervision of the Melksham facility and plant to include; site maintenance through reactive and planned preventative maintenance (PPM). They will also ensure legal compliance to include coordinating waste streams and all environmental aspects.
The Facilities Coordinator will:
- Manage planned preventative maintenance (PPM) scheduling, including maintenance, repair, inspections and testing on site
- Review and check the work progress of others to ensure conformance and scheduling within expectation to company standards
- Perform a broad range of supervisory responsibilities over others together with a hands-on approach to maintenance or PPM tasks
- Working knowledge of pressure systems preferred
- Liaise with and supervise outsourced skill, labour or consultants who may be employed to develop and maintain plant and buildings as part of the PPM program
- Able to benchmark labour or material costs from drawing layouts or work plans by others
- Apply a good understand and working knowledge of the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974) and associated legislation or procedural tasks in general, as far as reasonably practicable, as well as those that have relevance to company internal policy as identified in their Local Operating Procedures (LOPS)
- Some UK travel expected
- Participate as keyholder on Rota system
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- BTech or equivalent in mechanical or electrical engineering or similar essential.
- Foundation degree in mechanical or electrical engineering preferred
- Experience of MS office, Visio
- Experience of a similar Facilities Coordinator / Supervisor role essential
- Salary - £35,000 to £40,000 - dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip
Delaloye on or call on 01384446192