Job title: Facilities and Commissioning Engineer
Salary Range: up to £29.50 p/h
A Facilities and Commissioning Engineer is required with knowledge of facility installation and commission within the manufacturing industry.
- Project Management of facility installation and commission within the manufacturing industry
- Experience of working within a target driven environment
- Experience of managing budget responsibilities for facility related programmes
- Planning and implementation of facility solutions for new model introduction within Final Assembly.
- Creation of detailed facility timing plans in line with manufacturing launch strategies and Plant procurement requirements.
- Drive Bill of Process and Design for Manufacturing in the product creation process.
- Drive the product and facility assessment during the Virtual Series and maintain Health Chart.
- Create and maintain detailed investment trackers for programme and commodity set.
- Define solutions to deliver required capability and manufacturing plant metrics.
- Adherence to QMS/EMS deliverables.
- Document and manage technical issues using the appropriate problem solving tool set.
- Attend programme meetings at all levels and present where applicable
- Support supplier selection and vendor management activities.
- Coordinate the planning of facility requirements in preparation for physical builds at Assembly Plant locations.
- Thorough understanding and application of AME Procedures and Documentation.
- Thorough understanding of H&S procedures including CDM 2015, Method Statements, Risk Assessments, ECPL.
- Understanding of Design for Assembly principles.
- Experience in a product launch at an assembly plant.
- Experience and ability in practical problem avoidance / solving (Six Sigma, 8D, 5Y, FMEA)
- Proficient in the following key tool sets: AIMs; AutoCAD; Vis Mockup/TCe; MS Office suite, SAP.
- Presentation skills (preparation and delivery)
- Understanding of Product Creation and Delivery System (PCDS)
- Financial control and procurement.
In return for your experience, this Birmingham based Automotive company will offer you:
- Up to £29.50 p/h depending upon experience
- An excellent opportunity to gain automotive OEM experience
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon.
If you have any questions about the Project Engineer role, please contact Sarah Gilbert or Kate Stevens of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.