£26.18 - 26.18 per hour
A Fabrication Supervisor is required to join an automotive OEM based in Solihull.
Fabrication Supervisor, reporting directly to the Fabrication Manager.
- Functionally responsible with all members of the fabrication team concerning day to day fabrication matters.
- Start each shift on time and ensure all team members are present and assigned work in order of priority to meet on time delivery.
- Communicate with other lead hands regarding issues from shift to shift.
- Ensure paperwork is complete at each stage of fabrication.
- Periodically check the various processes in Fabrication to ensure they are running as efficiently as possible.
- Ensure any material found out of spec is properly identified with a red tag and kept aside for QA. Monitor the fabrication attainments to determine whether or not targets are met.
- Work with the team members and the Fabrication Manager to work on improving missed targets.
- Ensure compliance to all quality related policies, procedures and system requirements.
- Perform annual employee reviews. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Ability to work well with numbers is essential.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer Literate
- Candidates must have production experience in an industrial environment.
- Must have good team building and motivational skills.
- Should have a good command of English, written and oral
- An understanding of measurements, tolerances, basic geometry
- Able to read drawings
- Experience setting up of Fabrication machinery preferred
- CNC experience as asset
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.