Fabrication Cost Estimator Role
Worcestershire or Herefordshire
Salary upto £32,000 plus benefits
This organisation is part of a specialist, global manufacturing organisation that supplies product into key sectors to include Automotive, FMCG and Construction.
The business has asked us to recruit a Cost Estimator that will cover 2 of their main UK plants.
As Cost Estimator you will provide detailed, accurate fabrication cost estimates that will be submitted as formal quotes to customer requests.
Ranging from complete quotation for small one off projects to coordinating with specialist teams (CNC, Bending, Welding) on large repeat multi-site/discipline projects.
- Coordinate estimating activity across all functions including purchasing, quality and operations.
- Coordinate and Prepare cost estimates for presentation to Customer Account managers.
- Prepare Cycle time estimates for planning team and project transfer information for Project Management teams
- Source/Communicate with current sub-contract supply base
- Read and interpret customer requests, drawings, parts lists, specifications, engineering data packages, and models.
- Display awareness of cutting-edge and competitive manufacturing processes across all commodities required to support
- Reporting to the UK Fabrication & Technical Sales Manager
- Predominately based at Redditch site, Worcestershire but available to travel to sister site in Bromyard, Herefordshire.
- Perform other duties and specific projects as assigned.
As Cost Estimator we are looking for the following experience/Skills
- CNC Machining background essential including knowledge of set up times, run times, Bending and Welding background beneficial.
- Knowledge of fabricating aluminium beneficial.
- Must have working knowledge of CAD drawing and Model viewers, Excel, PowerPoint and outlook
- Demonstrated ability to review drawings, visualise the product in detail, create a mental picture of the manufacturing methods and steps required to produce the item, and estimate time required to prepare and perform each process.
- Must be able to deal with customers and suppliers in a professional manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities, and make deadlines while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communicator working within team of 10 specialists.
- Ability to communicate with all levels inside and outside the organization. Must be able to successfully interact with all
If you require further information please apply for the position or contact Dan Plimmer at Jonathan Lee Recruitment