External Test Coordinator – 38240
Pay Rate: up to £30.15/hr Ltd – inside IR35 (PAYE rate available)
Division: Engineering Operations
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
This role supports the function of External Test Facility Hire within Engineering Build and Test Operations. With business wide exposure, this role will provide an excellent customer experience to internal customers and external suppliers and partners.
- Responsible for supporting the strategic sourcing activity in line with planned test activities and the strategic vision for global external testing.
- Seeking to align appropriate test solutions and locations with customer needs.
- Support the strategic planning of engineering test activities to be sourced though existing or new external partnerships
- Working with customers to understand future test activity requirements and balance of internal and external capability and availability
- Delivery of capability maps to demonstrate gaps in test environment and support reviews to closure
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of a test plan, gathering requirements from customer groups and tracking the execution of delivered tests against the plan.
- Raising of purchase requisitions using SAP and progressing through approval processes, ensuring these commitments are tracked against the departmental budget.
- Adhering to financial best practices in working with finance business partners to ensure appropriate management and traceability of financial commitments and confirmed spend.
- Providing analytical insight into test activities, spend volumes/patterns and distribution of work to inform the external test team leader and management of strategic opportunities.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Able to accurately analyse and interpret data
- Strong stakeholder management skills including clear communication - written / verbal
- Relevant previous experience in Business Processes, Financial Planning, or Engineering Test.
- Financially literate - e.g. understands principles of commitment / expenditure / cashflow / accruals.
- Experience of collaboration cross functional team working
- Ability to work accurately and against fixed timing deadlines - requires work to be planned and prioritised.
- Good MS Office suite: Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Understanding of Engineering test activities, methods, and locations.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
For further information, please get in touch and send your CV to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.