Exterior Trim Engineer (Plastics) - Automotive - Bedfordshire
An Exterior Trim Engineer is required to work on a contract basis for our client a global automotive OEM based in Bedfordshire. To develop exterior systems that satisfies customer expectation meeting quality, cost and timing targets. To include some or all of exterior trim (Bumpers, finishers, rad grilles, spoilers, crash systems).
The Exterior Trim Engineer will be required to take full responsibility for a set of components for quality and cost improvement and programme changes. To design and develop components and systems for new model and minor change type activity. To receive concerns regarding components and systems and identify root causes, develop and deliver countermeasures. To study components and systems to identify ways of reducing the costs and to develop and deliver them.
To be responsible for overall system development including:
- Achievement of basic design criteria and performance requirements.
- Incorporation of manufacturing requirements.
- Achievement of quality targets.
- Compliance with regulations.
- On time delivery.
- Initial layout and design.
- Design release.
- Cost management to keep within a defined budget.
- Technical benchmarking from a cost and mass perspective.
- Project management.
- Supplier management.
- Test reporting and validation.
- Concern resolution and problem solving.
The Exterior Trim Engineer should have the following skills:
- Degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline desirable
- Previous experience of working on exterior trim such as bumpers etc.
- Vehicle engineering experience.
- Delivery focused, with demonstrable track record of on-time delivery.
- Self motivated to deliver excellence and perform beyond targets.
- Strong communication skills through all mediums, with the ability to organise, chair and document supplier meetings.
- An understanding and awareness of appropriate escalation.
- The ability to motivate and focus team members and suppliers to meet all programme deliveries.
- An ability to deliver under pressure with an appetite for measured success.
- Must have a flexible approach to working hours, travel requirements and adaptability to changing and multiple priorities.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- NX CAD, or similar, user preferred.
- Proficient PC skills: Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Demand for this role will be undoubtedly be high so please apply today. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259 -
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role
To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship