Exterior Trim Design Engineer - R00010494
An Exterior Trim Design Engineer with experience in exterior trim components is required to join our client's dedicated cost team within body engineering
This company based in Cranfield requires an Exterior Trim Design Engineer with experience of preparing cost comparison analysis/reporting for a new contract role. As an Exterior Trim Design Engineer, you will be required to:
- Managing multiple suppliers to develop short and long term cost reduction roadmaps
- Prioritisation of design change proposals based on feasibility, timing and impact
- Generating opportunities at both component and system level for reducing the cost of exterior trim through dedicated activities and event organisation
- Managing design changes through to volume production by liaison with purchase/plant and other engineering functions including test departments to ensure vehicle performance and quality is maintained.
- Reporting progress of ideas generation and progression to management.
- Best practice sharing with Alliance partners such as Renault
The Exterior Trim Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Background in a design and/or engineering department preferably within a manufacturing company (OEM or supplier), with experience in exterior trim components
- You will have experience of preparing cost comparison analysis/reporting
- Demonstrable in managing multiple projects simultaneously, with a good sense of prioritisation
- Strong team skills
- You will be able to work to tight deadlines
- You will have strong communication and relationship building skills and all levels
- You must have a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in an engineering type background.
- A driving licence is mandatory. Both local and international travel is guaranteed.
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to use NX CAD advantageous.
If you have any questions about the Exterior Trim Design Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship