Project Engineer for the Rear Lids Structure and Trim department within Body Engineering to Engineer and launch vehicle programmes with responsibility for trim components.
A good understanding of injection mouldings and all stages of the programme delivery - design, manufacture and assembly
- Proven project management and launch capability within the Automotive Industry demonstrated by recent delivery on time and budget
- Excellent communication skills at all levels within the business and suppliers including PC literacy - Microsoft Project
- Successful history of project management and launch within an Automotive environment, preferably with tailgate/doors or trim components.
- Engineering knowledge of BIW and Plastic components, function, performance, production & manufacturing requirements.
- CAD Literacy - ability to manipulate and interrogate CAD data and use associated visualisation tools.
- Ability to generate CAD data in Catia v5 would be an advantage.
- Significant experience in use of engineering tools - FMEA, Six Sigma, problem resolution etc.Working knowledge of project delivery processes - PCDS / GPDS/ FPDS / PRINCE2 or similar
- Working knowledge of change management processes
Ideally Degree qualified
This opportunity is in the early stages of the programme prior to Engineering sign-off and will have responsibility for developing the components across programmes through to launch.