Exterior Design Engineer
An Engineer - Exterior Design is required with vehicle engineering experience and good analytical and problem solving skills for a position based in Bedfordshire.
Our client, a global automotive OEM based in Cranfield requires an Exterior Design Engineer to:
- Develop exterior systems that satisfies customer expectation meeting quality, cost and timing targets.
To include some or all of exterior lighting, outside mirror, wiper and wash development
- To develop new components for future programs
- To introduce to production new components meeting program cost timing and quality targets
- Lead the section's study of existing components to identify cost reduction opportunities (including reporting status and presenting opportunities to other functions within design/sales/styling groups)
- Take full responsibility for a set of components for quality and cost improvement and program changes
The Exterior Design Engineer should have the following skills:
- Degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline desirable
- Vehicle engineering experience.
- Fluent in English language written and spoken
- Self motivated to deliver excellence and perform beyond targets.
- Strong communication skills through all mediums
- Must have a flexible approach to working hours, travel requirements and adaptability to changing and multiple priorities.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- NX CAD, or similar, user preferred.
- Proficient PC skills: Excel, Word and Powerpoint
If you have any questions about this position, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262 -
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role
To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship