almost 2 years ago
Exterior Design Engineer - R00018408
An Exterior Design Engineer is required with previous experience developing exterior automotive systems. The Exterior Design Engineer will be required to develop exterior systems that satisfies customer expectations meeting quality, cost and timing targets. In addition, to include some or all of the exterior lighting, outside mirrors, wipers and wash development.
This company based in Cranfield requires an Exterior Design Engineer with cost management and quality management experience for a new contract role. As an Exterior Design Engineer, you will be required to:
- Develop new components for future programs.
- Introduce to production new components meeting program cost timing and quality targets.
- Lead the section's study of existing components to identify cost reduction opportunities (including reporting status and presenting opportunities to other functions within design/sales/styling groups).
- Take full responsibility for a set of components for quality and cost improvement and program changes.
- Be responsible for overall system development
- Achievement of basic design criteria and performance requirements
- Incorporation of manufacturing requirements
- Achievement of quality targets
- Compliance with regulations
- On time delivery Initial layout and design
- Styling feedback
- Technical aspects of supplier selection
- Design release
- Cost management to keep within a defined budget
- Technical benchmarking from a cost and mass perspective
- Project management
- Supplier management
- Test reporting and validation
- Concern resolution, problem solving.
The Exterior Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience in automotive or similar industry
- Strong communicator
- Recognised engineering degree or higher
If you have any questions about the Exterior Design Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship