Export Case Maker / Crate Maker
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Salary: £ Negotiable Dependent on Experience
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Case Maker / Crate Maker to work for our client at their facility in Bristol, however the role will include travel across UK, Europe, and other parts of the World.
This role is an interesting position with would be involved in Export Case Making, involved in manufacturing crates in accordance with agreed specification, and prepare and package goods in a manner to withstand all external action during shipment.
- Working from drawing, working out dimensions
- Working with timber and other materials needed to make the crates / cases
- Working with industrial tools, including CNC Saws, Hand Tools, Nail Guns
- Ensure crates are correctly marked and stamped
- Package all items in accordance with agreed specification
- Ensure work area is kept clean and tidy
- Ensure tools used by the packing department are kept clean and in working order, any damage is reported to the line manager immediately
- Comply with Company set standards of work
- Comply with Company Health & Safety policies and procedures
Knowledge and Skills required to complete job:
- Previous experience working with timber within a case making or crate/pallet making environment
- Experience of using hand tools and nail guns
- Able to read technical drawings
- Knowledge of export packing preferred but not essential
- Excellent time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work with an ability to cope with change
Special Working Conditions:
- Additional hours may be necessary when required: early starts and late finishes are not uncommon
- Travel away from home and sometimes abroad
- Potential contact with hazardous chemicals and substances (training to be provided)
- May be required to complete other business activities on behalf of the Company in line with identified skills, competencies and experience.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.