Irlam, Greater Manchester
about 2 years ago
Import / Export Analyst
Location: Irlam, Manchester
A temp vacancy for 6 months has arisen in the Industrial Power Systems Division (IPSD) of Caterpillar for an Imports Analyst within the Aftermarket Team based in Manchester.
Reporting to the site Finance Manager, this is a unique opportunity for someone to support the dynamic and rapidly changing Perkins Aftermarket Team during a period of investment and growth. This is a key role within the Irlam Finance Team dealing with the Import and customs procedures into our Customs Warehouse.
The Aftermarket Business Net Sales and Transfers typically totals $230m. Our sales are from multiple global locations and legal entities and we import goods from many global locations.
The main responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
* Daily operation of the Ricardo Duty Management System and submission to HMR&C
* Inbound Freight Management and performance reviews (dependant on volume)
* Inbound Freight invoice validation and approval
* Reconciliation of Duty Management Stock to Mainframe system
* Maintenance of Commodity codes and classification of new product (dependant on volume)
* Ensure all import entries are raised/completed/filed by due dates.
* Reconcile the Duty Deferment account (dependant on volume)
* Maintain accurate records for audit and trade compliance purposes.
Skills, experience and qualifications you will have:
* Previous experience of working within an Imports/Export role
* IT literate - Excel skills a strong advantage
* Planning and organising skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
* Flexible approach with strong problem-solving skills
* Good team player
* Customer Focused
Skills, experience and qualifications you may have:
* Experience of working with a Large organisation and the complexity this brings
* Experience of working with in an organisation that buy/sell large volumes worldwide
* Proficient in MS Office applications
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.