Job title: EV Thermal Systems Engineer - Battery
Hourly Rate: £25.00- £27.23ph
A Systems Engineer is required with knowledge of Battery Thermal Management to support Project delivery.
Due to expansion this company, a global OEM based at Gaydon requires a Systems Engineer with good understanding of typical battery Characteristics, cell cooling and degradation and durability on a contract basis, you will be required to:
- Own the Design and Release of multiple parts across various battery programmes.
- Ensure robust timing plans are in place that achieves Program milestones and targets (Quality, Cost, Functionality, Weight, and timing).
- Ensure DFMEA, Design Rules, RMDV, Statement of Work process/documents are diligently and transparently implemented in the design condition at the appropriate design maturity gateways.
- Lead issue resolution (AIMS) and Change Management (WERS), processes to ensure that all changes are implemented robustly and support programme objectives.
- Fully utilize the ETAG, (End of test Battery Strip process) from completed functional, rig and vehicle tests, along with Warranty feedback to ensure proactive identification and resolution of component issues.
- Drive the resolution of cross functional technical / manufacturing issues using an Global 8D process
The EV Thermal Systems Engineer should have the following:
- A knowledge of typical BEV and PHEV battery system solutions and technologies.
- Understanding of typical battery characteristics, cell cooling and how thermal characteristics affect degradation and durability.
- The ability to project manage a design through to production and manage several parts across multiple vehicle programmes.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the EV Thermal Systems Engineer (34996) please contact Teresa Anderson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446156.