- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Jeff Lane
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384446106
- Expiry Date: 02 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59290
EV Controls Engineer - Electric Vehicle - Permanent - Coventry - £Competitive Salary DOE
I am seeking an EV Controls Engineer for a client who are embarking on a new EV project at their site in Coventry. The EV Controls Engineer will drive the development of electronic systems for their Electric Vehicle and aid the development and integration of software utilising model-based methods.
The EV Controls Engineering will join their product development team and report directly to the Chief Engineer.
This is a permanent position based in Coventry. and is offering a competitive salary & benefits.
What You Will Do:
As EV Controls Engineer;
- Drive development of electronic systems for Electric Vehicle such as Charger control unit, BMS, DC-DC converter, Motor Controller, Vehicle Controller
- Development and integration of software utilising model-based methods (MBSE)
- Layout and packaging of above parts in vehicle DMU considering all aspects of functionality and manufacturability
- Conduct DR, FMEA (system / design), Functional Safety related tasks and apply all such tools from the architecture phase onwards
- Define performance and reliability test parameters, test methods etc for electronics hardware
- Benchmarking and generation of ideas for better performance, quality, cost, weight etc.
What You Will Need:
As EV Controls Engineer;
- Degree qualified Engineer with proven experience & knowledge of Electronic Systems
- Demonstrable knowledge of automotive EMI/EMC standards, requirements and test methods
- Proficient in all tools for electronics circuit design - PCB layout / routing, simulation for circuits, thermal design
- Proficient in one of the main CAD systems
- Exposure to electronics manufacturing and production test facilities
- Hands on testing / test set-up experience
- Mathworks tools - Simulink, Simscape, Embedded/Simulink/Matlab Coder for code deployment
What You Will Get:
As EV controls Engineer;
- The opportunity to work on an EV project from a concept stage
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Opportunity for career advancement and professional development
Suitably qualified and experienced EV Controls Engineers should apply today by either calling Jeff Lane on +44 (0)1384 446108 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.