Competitive Salary and Supporting Benefits
European Trade Compliance Manager - Worcester
Our client is a global manufacturer of capital machine tool equipment and with continuing growth in their European markets, they are seeking a European Trade Compliance Manager to work with the Senior Management team advising the Directors on export control compliance, commercial and legal matters, commercial contracts and agreements. This role is to ensure the Company's best interests are always represented and has overall responsibility for ensuring compliance within the European regulatory framework.
- Ensuring export rules and regulations are fully understood & adhered to:
- Advising the company on all matters related to compliance
- Delivering training of export control rules & regulations
- Providing import / export advice to other departments
- Enhancing systems to ensure effective compliance is maintained and improved
- Where appropriate liaising with customers regarding specific issues (e.g., machine relocation)
- Advising on commercial elements of projects including reviewing and assessing contracts/agreements; ensuring Company standard terms are adhered to; eliminating non-conforming, or high-risk terms or obtaining appropriate approval for non-standard contract terms
- Ensuring Company standard terms fully cover any potential implications dependent on the project and that these are regularly reviewed with business heads
- Creating, reviewing and advising on other agreements.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of export control rules and contract law
- Commercial and contractual awareness in the UK, and ideally across Europe
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex information and present results and advice to a range of stakeholders
- Excellent IT skills
- Previous experience within the capital goods industry would be advantageous
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is desirable, but not essential for applicants with relevant experience
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships across the business and with external contacts. An effective communicator and problem solver, you will demonstrate a high level of professionalism you will be able to deliver coherent high-quality reports and feedback.
Some international travel will be required and this is primarily an office based position with a small team management responsibility, but has global connectivity across the Group.
If you feel you have the interest and experience to support this role, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.