Attractive Salary & Benefits package
Head of Interiors Europe (Permanent) – UK
Based in the UK studio, the Head of Interiors will lead interior design and coordinate with the Italian studio to ensure delivery and facilitate implementation of Design’s vision and other strategies. You must be flexible to travel and be able to engender a culture of teamwork across the locations. We want to deliver world-class design and so the successful candidate will:
- Plan, establish and roll out presentation standards
- Prepare design guidelines and support studio activities
- Monitor progress and assess preliminary implications before any reviews with decision makers
- Managing teams training and appraisals, mentor to improve skills and at times be proxy to HOD Europe
- Work cross-functionally inside or outside design, foster creativity and design thinking to elevate the teams’ cohesion and spirit and be a fun proactive leader
To qualify for this role, we are looking for candidates with:
- Degree in Industrial Design, Automotive design or similar
- Significant experience in automotive interiors with proven record of both production and concept realisations is expected, ideally with global exposure
- Excellent 2D and 3D design abilities, mental agility and strategic thinking
- Familiar with global automotive design development process, and proficient in the usage of mainstream design tools. Exposure to HMI development would be appreciated
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to relay the direction to the team
Tata Motors Design, comprising three global design centres including state of the art studio at the NAIC at the University of Warwick (UK), Pune (India) and Turin (Italy), is pivotal in the creation and delivery of the future of Tata Motors passenger and commercial vehicles. With the recent success of the Nexon, Altroz and Tiago, it is strengthening its global team with highly creative and driven design professionals to shape the future of Indian motoring.
Jonathan Lee is working exclusively with Tata to find the very best talent to support their future. To apply click the link above or alternatively, send your CV and your portfolio (where relevant), along with an introduction email to Jonathan Lee at email@example.com. Please include the reference number for the position in the subject line of your email application.