Etcher - Automotive/Motorsport
Permanent - Night shift.
An Etcher is required to set, operate and run various laser etching machines and other relevant machinery to identify parts with serial numbers in compliance with company quality standards.
Due to increased workloads this company, an award-winning transmission technology specialist based in Thatcham, requires a proactive Design Analyst to undertake Failure Mode Effect Analysis.
As the Etcher you are required to:
- Check batch and job pack components and packaging.
- Set machines and adhere to etching standard and relevant customer care points.
- Operate machinery observing control plan requirements.
- Complete all necessary job cards and documentation, re-pack in appropriate packaging, book off and relocate to next operation.
- Prioritise work in the absence of a Team Leader or Manager and address any manufacturing issues.
- Store and maintain all tooling linked to the process.
- Undertake day to day machine maintenance
- Be part of the personal development process and attend reviews as required.
- Observe the company Health & Safety policy at all times and follow quality procedures.
The Etcher should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience as an Inspector in an engineering environment.
- CMM experience.
- Defect reporting knowledge.
- Basic use of computer-based systems.
- Experience of working in an environment of First Off's, Batch Inspections and Final Inspections.
- Ideally a background working in automotive or motorsport.
- The ability to converse with engineering staff on drawing interpretation and results.
- The ability to produce well written and concise records.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience in this field and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Etcher role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889 267.