£30,000 + DOE
An Estimator is required with knowledge of manufacturing processes, ability to read technical drawings, calculate and cost individual projects and correspond on a commercial level. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team in Droitwich. Candidates with experience of the plastics and moulding industry would be well received however an understanding of complex manufacturing processes and excellent numerical, IT skills is essential.
Due to an expanding team and continued business growth an international plastics components company based in Droitwich requires an Estimator with previous manufacturing / engineering industry experience to manage all costings with ability to prepare QAF’S.
- Ability to prepare cost budgets and estimates for new enquiries/contracts and modifications to existing parts, including experience of preparing QAF’S.
- Experience of engineering with the ability to read technical drawings and CAD files.
- Applicants should be numerate; financially astute, experienced and familiar with financial calculations relating to product costs etc., and have good IT skills – particularly EXCEL.
- Ability to research materials, equipment, transport and labour costs, collecting quotations from material suppliers, tooling suppliers and other sub-contractors.
- Ability to understand customer requirements, a good commercial knowledge and a lot of experience generating and responding to commercial correspondence.
- Knowledge of processing plastic materials an advantage.
- Keep detailed records of all estimation documentation, including contract terms; update any existing contracts immediately upon agreement of new terms with client. File all quotes so they are easily accessible as required by Finance.
- Monitor the stages of a project to make sure that costs are kept in line with forecasts.
- Provide support to the Financial Controller as required, running weekly reports, data analysis etc.
- Daily liaison with customers chasing quotes, solving queries. Must be able to communicate clearly and have a confident telephone manner.
- Adhere to company standards and guidelines when analysing and providing estimations; focus on maximising profit and customer satisfaction, while minimising any potential risks to the company
- Ability to work under pressure, on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Provide financial support to the Commercial team e.g. analysing company data, monitoring exchange rates, material prices etc.
- Experienced in communicating with major companies and customers at all levels.
- Prepare Sales team for meetings including supporting with statistical analysis for specific clients.
The successful candidate must have
- Excellent IT skills In particular Excel
- Knowledge of Sage
- A good understanding of manufacturing processes
- The ability to make commercial decisions
- The ability to work under pressure
- Experience of communicating via phone, email and letter with commercial clients
- A proven track record of working in a busy environment tackling many tasks at once
- An analytical approach to work
- Ability to work with and analyse large amounts of data
- A proactive approach to work
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you
have knowledge of Cost control or an experienced Estimator and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have
any questions about the Estimator role, please contact Julie Thomas at Jonathan Lee
Recruitment on 01384 446168.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.