Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Negotiable plus Bonus
almost 2 years ago
We are looking for an Estimator Engineer for an established Rail engineering company that is a leading expert in Switches and Crossings, designing and manufacturing solutions for the Rail Infrastructure for their facility in Sheffield.
The Estimator, reporting to the Sales Engineer is involved is the timely costing, preparation and submission of applications for payment and 'variations to contract', liaising with internal departments and clients as necessary. In addition, they will support the estimating/quotation/tender and provide commercial support as required.
Job duties (Responsibilities and Accountabilities):
- To manage and oversee the 'application for payment' and 'variations to contract' processes for clients, as required.
- Through internal liaison (including travelling to other group sites) with other departments, calculate prices for applications for payment, 'variations to contract', and standard price lists as necessary.
- Challenge costs where possible within delegated authority.
- To attend and contribute to internal and client facing meetings , to include cost information.
- Where necessary load 'sales orders' onto the manufacturing control system.
- To provide support to the sales/commercial department in the form of estimates/quotations/tenders, through assessment of the client's requirements including price, delivery, and any terms that may affect the price.
- Ensure quotation approval to delegated authority levels.
- Monthly reporting and provision of statistics as required.
Skills and Experience required:
- Previous experience in a Quantity Surveyor or Estimation role.
- To have an Engineering/Manufacturing background.
- An excellent understanding of MS Office, in particular Excel.
- Commercial acumen and able to interpret and understand internal and external requirements.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- To have an awareness or knowledge of tender preparation and submission.
- To be skilled in 'time management', set priorities and work to strict deadlines.
- Strong numeric and literacy skills.
- Valid UK driving licence and Car ownership (Travel involved to UK based group facilities).
- Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
- Annual bonus.
If you are interested in this role and have the Right to Work in the UK, please forward your CV and contact details to Philip Delaloye at or for more details call 01384446192