Salary: £30,000 per annum
Based in Coventry and focused on supporting the sales of capital and process engineering equipment, we are seeking an Estimating Engineer with a good engineering background and commercial awareness to support this established and growing company.
As Estimating Engineer, you will be responsible for working alongside the commercial and engineering teams to provide accurate costings to support our Clients sales activity across a range of engineering sectors.
The role of Estimating will include the following:
- Preparing detailed cost estimates of all plant elements and assembling these into a total project costing for major capital plant; minor capital plant; modifications and upgrades; spares; and service.
- Costing of the individual items for inclusion in detailed estimates
- Creation of quotations, proposals and/or RFQ responses in line with customer and sales requests.
- Maintaining electronic records of detailed project costings
- Maintaining order entry system and sales administration systems.
The suitable candidate for Estimating Engineer will need to possess the following competences:
- Previous experience of estimating in capital equipment engineering environment - minimum of 3 years
- Demonstrable ability to read and interpret P&ID and engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of system elements such as pneumatics; heating; cooling; control systems & instrumentation; pumping and pipework systems;
- Good overall commercial awareness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred: HNC Mechanical / Chemical Engineering
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of estimating and engineering processes and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Estimating Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .